CLEANING TIPS FOR YOUR VALUABLE CAMERA EQUIPMENT
SIMPLE YET THOROUGH WAYS TO CLEAN YOUR SLR CAMERA, LENSES AND MORE!
Whether you’re a professional photographer or simply enjoy taking photos in your spare time, you will be familiar with the problem of greasy fingerprints, dust particles, crumbs and other dirt collecting on the lens and spoiling what would otherwise be a stunning image. Proper care of your camera is essential if you are to prevent such unfortunate blemishes. Armed with our useful tips and equipped with the right cleaning products, you can safely clean your camera and lenses etc. with very little effort.
CLEANING TIPS FOR YOUR CAMERA HOUSING
A range of accessories to both protect and clean your camera
A camera case protects your beloved camera against water, dust and dirt. It offers space for your camera as well as all the accessories that go with it, including lenses, filters, memory cards and batteries.To all items
Our universal screen protectors guard your camera’s sensitive display against scratches, fingerprints and dirt, without affecting the colour reproduction of the display.To all items
A microfibre cloth is ideal for cleaning the camera housing and the display. It removes dust and dirt from all from all optical surfaces, while being extremely gentle and lint-free. Thanks to the high-quality fibre structure, our microfibre cloths ensure excellent cleaning.To all items
A blower offers a very delicate way to clean your camera. The little puff of air removes dust and crumbs without causing any scratches. Our blowers are talcum-free*.
* Talcum is a powdered magnesium silicate hydrate. It is water repellent and has a white lustre. The powder is often used to clean rubber. This powder can result in more dirt on the camera housing.To all items
Compressed air spray and lens brush
Dirt that has accumulated in hard-to-reach areas of your camera and equipment can be removed using our compressed air spray. If there are any remaining dust particles or other residue, you can remove these using a lens brush, which will enable you to reach right into the camera’s corners.To all items
Cameras can generally be used without any problems at temperatures of between 0°C and 40°C. Therefore, always pay attention to the ambient/climatic conditions and protect your valuable equipment appropriately depending on your location. For example, if you’re in the rainforest, you’ll want a water-repellent camera bag, while if you’re shooting in the desert, you’ll definitely need a blower in your kit.
CLEANING TIPS FOR YOUR LENS
To achieve the best results
Protection filterTo all items
TIPS FOR USING FILTERS
- Try to handle the filters only by the edges to prevent fingerprints on the glass.
- Clean the filter regularly when shooting near water or in rainy weather. Even the smallest drops of water are immediately visible on the photo when a small aperture is used.
- If you do not keep the filters on the lens permanently, use special filter bags to transport them.
Always make sure that your lens is covered with a lens cap when not in use. This will ensure your lens stays protected against scratches, dust and other dirt.To all items
A lens hood prevents light coming in from the sides from causing reflections and blurring your subject. What’s more, a lens hood also offers two protective effects at the same time: Raindrops are less likely to reach the lens, and knocks that could potentially cause scratches are prevented. Just as there are different sizes of lenses, there are also different sized lens hoods to fit them. When purchasing a lens hood, make sure that you select the right size for your lens.To all items
The lens pen is a patented and invaluable product, designed specifically for dry cleaning lenses and filters. The ready-to-use, carbon cleaning tip enables rapid, gentle and thorough cleaning of the optical surface.To all items
For best results when cleaning with the lens pen, please note the following:
- Once you have finished cleaning, re-apply the protective cap. The rotation of the cap causes the chemical compound in the lens pen to be reactivated. Depending on the degree of soiling, it can be used for approximately 50 to 100 applications, after which it should be replaced. Laboratory tests have shown that the lens pen provides a much gentler way of cleaning lenses than conventional cleaning systems.
- When using the lens pen, it is important to work from the inside to the outside of the lens surface using slow, small circular movements. This removes the dirt and ensures it is absorbed in the pad. The shape of the velvet pad enables you to reach right to the inner edge of the lens.
Note: If you brush the velvet pad over a piece of white paper or the palm of your hand to test it, it will inevitably leave marks. The lens pen is designed for use on an optical lens and therefore leaves marks on other materials.
Compressed air spray
Loose particles can be removed easily using a compressed air spray, as well as with a lens brush or blower. This provides a gentle way of cleaning your lens without causing scratches.Compressed air spray
A cleaning fluid is a good way to remove residues, such as fingerprints. In order to ensure efficient cleaning, do not wait until the fluid as dried.
Work as gently as possible without applying pressure.To all items
Microfibre cloth or lens cleaning tissue
Polish the surface gently using a microfibre cloth or lens cleaning tissue. These tissues come in wet or dry form and are ideal for removing fingerprints and slight streaks.To all items
Not every small scratch on a lens impedes optical quality. Some scratches on the front lens often have no impact whatsoever. It is a different story on the rear lens, however: Here, just a small number of scratches is enough to cause a pronounced but unwanted soft-focus effect.
Please note that these instructions are intended as a guide. If you are not familiar with the procedure for a particular product, you should contact the manufacturer first to determine the cleaning instructions. This information is non-binding and must only be followed while observing the applicable warranty conditions!